Double Chocolate Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, cold
- 2 tablespoons Medallion Skim milk powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Bakers white chocolate broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan baking spray. Set aside.
- Microwave the butter in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, salt and sugar.
- Microwave again, stirring every 30-second until the mixture is fairly smooth and hot to the touch (approximately 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes in the microwave).
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and set aside to allow the mixture to cool.
- After mixture has cooled for several minutes, use a wooden spoon to stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture, vigorously stirring each egg into the mixture.
- Stir in the dry milk powder and flour into the mixture until fully incorporated into the batter. Beat the batter vigorously for 40 strokes.
- Fold the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Bake brownies in 325-degree oven for 25-35 minutes. These brownies will bake anywhere from 25-35 minutes.
- Check at the 25-minute mark and bake only until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Do not over bake, or you won't get fudgy brownies.
Let brownies completely before slicing.