Instant Pistachio Peda
Another delicious recipe that Medallion Milk Co. is excited to share - traditional Indian pedas. We hope you are having as much fun trying new recipes with your Medallion Milk powder as we are!
- 2 tsp ghee (separated)
- 397 gm condensed milk*
- 1 1/2 cups Medallion Milk powder
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder/elachi powder
- 20 pistachios, or any other dry fruit of choice
- in a non stick pan on low heat, heat 1 tsp ghee.
- Add condensed milk and milk powder.
- Still on low heat, mix until there are no lumps, and mixture has thickened
- Add saffron milk, and mix well until mixture thickens and starts to separate from the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and remaining 1 tsp ghee.
- Mix well, and remove from heat.
- Spread the dough so to allow for mixture to cool. This makes it easier to prepare pedas.
- To prepare each ball, grease hands lightly with ghee, and create balls of 1 tbsp of dough.
- Once you have created a smooth, crack free ball, place the ball on serving plate, and place pistachio (or alternative dried fruit) at the center of the ball, pressing gently.
Storing: refrigerate in an air tight container for up to one week.