We are excited to share another recipe from the recipe book made by the families of our founders. If you like a cookie that isn't too sweet, this one is perfect for you! We also discovered that adding a layer of jam in between two cookies, make a delicious little cookie sandwich. Try it out!
Rolled Oat Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Medallion Milk powder (skim)
- 1/2 cup water
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Combine rolled oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and Medallion Milk powder.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternatively with water, and blend well.
- Turn out on floured board and roll to 1.4 inch thickness.
- Cut out circles with cookie cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet, and back at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.