We, at Medallion Milk Co., have been spending a lot of time baking and figuring out value adds of incorporating Medallion Milk powder into your everyday baking. Interestingly enough, we have discovered that adding 3 tbsp of Medallion Milk powder to your chocolate chip cookies makes them chewier!
You can use either skim or whole milk powder. Feel free to try adding the powder to your favourite recipe, but if you're looking for a new recipe to try, check out one of our favourites below!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp Medallion Milk powder (whole or skim)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soft, unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips (your choice of semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate!)
- Whisk together flour, Medallion Milk powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Set bowl aside.
- Beat sugars and butter together on medium speed for approximately 30-60 seconds, until combined, using an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until evenly mixed (approximately 15-20 seconds).
- Add the flour mixture, beating on low speed until combined (approximately 25-40 seconds).
- Mix in the chocolate chips, beating on low speed until evenly mixed in.
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes*.
- Once dough is chilled, using a medium cookie scoop, or round tablespoon to scoop dough onto baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Ensure cookies are about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. Once cookies start to brown on the edges, and puff in the middle, they are done!
- Let your cookies cool, and enjoy!
*Note: cookie dough can chill in refrigerator for up to 3 days.