Medallion Mac and Cheese (Crock pot edition)
Cook time: 2 hours
- 16 Oz. elbow macaroni (or pasta of your choice)
- ½ cup Butter, cubed
- 3 cup Whole Milk
- 1 ½ cups of evaporated milk (see recipe below)*
- 12 Oz. Velveeta Cheese, cubed.
- 4 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated + divided (3 C. + 1 C.)
- ½ Tsp. Onion powder
- ½ Tsp. Garlic powder.
- Salt + Pepper to taste.
- Green onions, chopped, to taste.
- Grease crock pot with butter or non-stick spray.
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook macaroni to just short of al-dente (about 2 minutes less than recommended)
- Drain macaroni, then transfer to slow cooker. Mix macaroni with butter to prevent it from clumping together while cooking.
- Add evaporated milk, whole milk, Velveeta cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and salt + pepper. Mix well. Cover.
- Cook on low for 1 ½ hours. Then add remaining 1 C. of shredded cheese and stir.
- Cover and cook for an additional ½ hour. Stir well before serving. Garnish with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Medallion Evaporated Milk
Mix 3 cups of Medallion Whole Milk (9 Tbs. of milk powder, and fill to the 3 Cup line).
- In a non-stick saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once it simmers, turn down the heat to medium-low, and let it gently simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer the milk for about 25 minutes, or until it is reduced to roughly 1 ½ or 1 ¼ cups of liquid.
- Once the milk has reduced and turned a creamy colour, pass it through a sieve to remove any film on the top.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Store evaporated milk covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.